Always having a backup copy of your iPhone contacts can ensure that in case something goes wrong you will never lost the means of contacting your business partners and friends.
In this post we will inform you how to properly back up your iPhone contacts using iTunes or iCloud service.
Instructions for iPhone Contacts backup via iCloud
The iCloud back up when set properly is automatically done. However, in order to make sure that this option is enabled follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and access iCloud
- Check whether the iCloud account is set up correctly and whether the “Contacts” feature is set to “On”.
- Scroll down until you see “Storage and Backup” and select it. After that you will be shown a new section from where you need to select “Back up Now”
Once you select “Back up Now”, all the data on your iPhone including your contacts will be backed up to iCloud. Once the backup is completed, you can access it from any place with any iOS device.
Instructions for iPhone Contacts backup via iTunes
The Backup feature in iTunes normally is turned on by default. However in case you have accidently changed the Settings it may be good idea to check again if everything is ok. Follow these steps:
- Using USB cable connect your iPhone and computer
- Start iTunes
- Select the model of your device and press on the button “Info”
- Mark “Sync Contacts” box and adjust any other settings in case it is necessary
- Press the “Summary” button and after that press on “Backup Now”
- All the contacts of your iPhone will be backed up via iTunes and will be saved on your local computer